Biography

 Welcome to my Blog! First of all my name is Darline Kiunya, I got by the nickname of 'Tinsel' like a Christmas tree decorations-Tinsel. Little information about myself, I have been living in Bethel since 2006-14 years strong and it feels like I have been living here for a short time. I currently working full time with Association of Village Council Presidents (AVCP INC) with the Education Employment and Training & Chhild Care Department (EET & CC) as a Division Office Manager. I started attending UAF-KuC Spring 2020 to obtain my Associate of Arts-General Program, and my short term goal is to earn my A.A degree and work my way up to Bachelors Degree in Business Admin.  


Introduction to Music

According to my mother, while I was in her womb-she used to play the piano a lot, which explains why I love listening to music. I grew up watching musical movies such as 'Annie', 'Little Mermaid', anything to do with music in the video I loved watching and singing along to the movies. My all time favorite movie growing up was 'Annie', watched it maybe more than a thousand to the point where the VHS tape reader broke (oops). 



I grew up attending Moravian Church with my parents and was pretty active in attending all the services they had through out the week. My mother participated in singing with the choir or sing alone, which I followed her footsteps in and started singing along too. I listen to any types of genres from Christian songs to Rock. 


Present

Fast forward to today (present)! Still to this day I love listening to any genres of music-except for Heavy Metal. The first ever concert I attended was Justin Timberlake "The Man of the Woods Tour" in Kansas City, OK in March 2019. Growing up he was one of the many artists/band I loved listening to along with Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears, Spice Girls, etc.   


No matter where I am right now, I listen to music while I am working, driving (Bluetooth) in my truck. Basically I just love listening to music and singing along with any. Last but not least, this blog is for my MUS 200X requirement class and I am looking forward to learning and writing more about music. Enjoy! I am looking forward to have readers follow along. 

Comments

  1. Fantastic. Thanks for such a great introduction. I feel like we would hit it off right away. Back in the 90's I auditioned to be a Spice Girl. I was hoping to be cast as Old Spice (that's a joke). I was too old to be a Spice Girl in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Justin Timberlake, too -- although I didn't listen to his music growing up, or even much of it now, to be honest. However, I like his personality and think he's got a great sense of humor! How wonderful that you've had the opportunity to see him in concert :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved watching all of the Disney movies growing up, I loved listening to the music. I absolutely love the "Little Mermaid", I always wanted to have her hair when I got older. I also loved Pocahontas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get that vibe of jamming out in the car with the Bluetooth stereo, when I had a car I did that all the time. I don't really know much Justin Timberlake, but I bet that I would like him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool that you grew up in a choir! I always loved singing in church choir as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved singing in a choir while I was growing up. It was one of my favorite things to do and something I looked forward to. I love Disney movies or really any movie that involves singing and I think that is one reason I do love Disney so much is because of all the sings and catchy songs. My son is almost two and I love watching Disney movies with him because he gets up and tries to sing along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evolution of Country Music

Black Eye Peas-Music Analysis # 2